With capital appreciation, plan your retirement with confidence!
After decades of working hard to take care of your responsibilities, you deserve to enjoy your golden years by pursuing your hobbies that you never had time for, make up for lost holidays, share memories with family or take pride in remaining independent you can find your savings scarce and leave you financially dependent on others. To protect you from such situations, Savings and Retirement plan helps you to save regularly to build your savings that you can look forward to with pride. EFU Life Assurance brings for you Savings and Retirement Plan, with guaranteed level of insurance protection and flexible options to customize the benefits according to your needs. This plan could help you to save your money on regular basis and could also help you fulfill your financial needs. There is additional unit allocation at the end of the maturity in the form of maturity bonus to boost your savings at maximum level. With Savings and Retirement Plan:
Attractive Features of the Plan
Opportunity for Growth and Savings: Every premium paid towards the plan will be invested in one of the internal investment funds of EFU Life. It is completely your decision to choose the internal fund based on your investment objectives. These Funds are managed by investment experts, who adjust the investment mix based on underlying economic conditions and better investment opportunities. You can select from the following unit funds mentioned below at policy inception:
- EFU Managed Growth Fund – An investment fund with a balanced investment strategy. It aims to achieve reasonable capital growth and steady returns with investment in government securities, carefully selected blue chip equities and other fixed income instruments and cash.
- EFU Guaranteed Growth Fund – An investment fund providing steady returns with a guarantee that the bid price of the fund will never fall. It aims to achieve stable growth through investment in short term debt securities.
Unit Allocation Percentage The proportion of premium for investment in units varies by policy year and is as follows:
Policy Year Unit Allocation % 1 40% 2 80% 3 & 4 100% 5 – 10 103% 11 – 20 105% 21 onwards 110%
Sum Assured: This is the amount payable on the unfortunate event of death of the policy holder/life assured. This is equal to the Regular Basic Plan Premium times the protection multiple selected by the policy holder. The Protection Multiple is subject to limits dependent on the age at commencement. Refer to the table below for further details:
Age Protection Multiple 18 to 35 5 to 75 36 to 40 5 to 50 41 to 49 5 to 35 50 to 60 5 to (70-age) 61 to 65 5
Access to your Savings: The plan provides complete access to accumulated fund value during the policy term. Total units accumulated can be withdrawn after the second year’s regular premium payment. A facility for partial withdrawals is also available subject to Rs. 20,000 remaining in the fund. Please note that in case of surrender in early policy years may result in low cash values.
Fund Acceleration Premium (FAP) If you have surplus cash available at any point of time during the plan term, it can be invested in the plan to enhance your cash values. These additional payments in the plan are called Fund Acceleration Premium payments. You can make these payments at any time while the policy is in force. The minimum FAP payment is Rs. 24,000. 100% of FAP payments are allocated to purchase units in the selected fund.
Maturity Bonus The plan provides valuable maturity bonuses at the end of plan’s term to boost the fund accumulation. The bonus is allocated, as a percentage of the average Basic Annual Premium Plan paid. The extra units will be allocated at maturity depending on the maturity year, as mentioned below: The extra unit allocation is as follows:
Unit Allocation %
Benefits under This Plan
Death Benefit: The moment you start saving with this Plan, you will have a guaranteed level of life insurance protection. After the death of the policy holder, the beneficiary will be receiving: Greater of the Sum Assured of the Main Plan or the Cash Value of the units applicable to the Regular Basic Plan premium. Plus Cash Value of the units applicable to Fund Acceleration Premium (FAP).
Indexation Benefit: This option gives you the security and peace of mind of knowing that the benefits provided by your plan will increase in value every year regardless of your health. Once you select this option, the premium and sum assured will increase every year by 5% of the prior year’s premium. You may, however, opt to increase only the premium while keeping the sum assured at a constant level.
Retirement Option: At the age of 60 years, you have the option to avail one the following retirement benefits from your fund value:
- A guaranteed pension payable for 10 years and for life of the Life Assured thereafter
- Upon death of the Life Assured 50% of the retirement income payable to the spouse.
Riders Available under this plan
Who can apply and what is the term of plan? This plan is available for all individuals aged between 18 and 65 years on next birthday. The coverage term is from 10 to 25 years and maturity is subject to a maximum age of 75 years.
What is the minimum/maximum Premium I have to pay? Minimum annual basic plan premium is Rs. 24,000/- per annum. The mode-wise minimum premium is as follows:
Mode Minimum Modal Premium Annual 24,000 Half Yearly 12,000 Quarterly 6,000 Monthly 2,000
There is no maximum limit. Charges Administration charge: Rs. 60 per month Bid/Offer Spread: 5% of the net Regular Premium Investment management Charge: 0.125% of the fund value per month.
- This product is underwritten by EFU Life Assurance Ltd. It is not guaranteed or insured by Allied Bank or its affiliates and is not Allied Bank product. Allied Bank is just a promoter and distributor of this product to its valued customers.
- Growth in the value of your premiums will depend on the performance of the selected Fund in which the premiums are invested.
- All investments made in the selected Fund are subject to market risks. The investment risk of the selected fund will be borne by the policy holder.
- The past performance of the fund is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Any forecast made is not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance of the Fund and neither EFU Life Assurance Ltd. nor Allied Bank will incur any liability for the same.
- A personalized illustration of benefits will be provided to you by our sales representative. Please refer to the notes in the illustration for detailed understanding of the various Terms and Conditions.
- Taxes will be applicable as per the taxation laws as stipulated by the relevant authorities.
- A description of how the contract works is given in the policy provisions and conditions. This product brochure only gives a general outline of the product features and benefits.
EFU LIFE ASSURANCE LTD. EFU Life House: Plot No. 112, 8th East Street, Phase I, DHA, Karachi, Pakistan. Tel: (021) 111-EFU-111 (111-338-111) Fax: (021) 34537519 Website: www.efulife.com