Enjoy hassle-free online shopping with our Verified by Visa (VbV) Service which provides additional security when you use your Allied Bank Visa Debit and Credit Cards. The 6-digit OTP (One Time Password) ensures that no one but you enjoy the seamless experience of online shopping with your Visa Cards!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I shop online with my ABL Visa Debit Card?
To use your Allied Bank Visa Debit Card on the internet, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Call Allied Phone Banking at 111-225-225 through your registered mobile number for e-commerce session activation of your Visa Debit Card.
- If you are frequent user of e-commerce transactions, you can activate e-commerce session for longer period or till expiry of your card to avoid calling every time you want to do online shopping.
- Initiate online shopping transaction at any e-commerce merchant and input your Visa Debit Card details.
- For VBV (Verified by Visa) compliant merchant, you will be redirected to Allied Bank VBV screen to choose OTP (One Time Password) delivery channel i.e. registered mobile number or email address.
- You will receive a 6-digit OTP on your selected channel which you need to Input on screen to complete the transaction.
- Input the same OTP at the input screen to complete the transaction.
- If you have not opened your e-commerce session till expiry of your card, it would become inactive for e-commerce transactions after the specified session time.
- What is Verified by Visa Service?
It is a service that adds an additional security layer when you use your ABL Visa Cards for online shopping. You will be required to input OTP (One Time Password), that is sent to your registered mobile number or email address, whenever a transaction is conducted on Verified by Visa compliant merchant website.
- How long the OTP is valid for?
It is valid for 5 minutes after which you can re-generate OTP by simply clicking on the link given on the payment screen, which will take you back to OTP medium selection screen.
- Shall I receive OTP for all online shopping transactions?
Yes, OTP is mandatory to conduct transaction on all Verified by Visa compliant merchant websites. For non-compliant merchant websites, OTP shall not be sent.
- What should I do if I do not receive an OTP?
Please click on the link to re-generate OTP given at payment screen, which will take you back to OTP medium selection screen. In case your mobile number or email address has changed, please contact your branch to update your records. In case you have shifted your mobile number to other network operator, type MNP in write message option on your mobile phone and send it to 9225 and 9080 to update your mobile network.
- What should I do if I receive an OTP for a transaction not performed by me?
Please do not share OTP with anyone and report immediately by calling Allied Phone Banking on 111-225-225.
- How do I register for Verified by Visa service?
All Visa Card customers of Allied Bank are automatically registered for 3D Secure service. However, you need to call Allied Phone Banking at 111-225-225 to activate your card for online shopping for your desired time period.
- How would I know if a merchant is 3D Secure compliant?
If a merchant is 3D Secure compliant, you will be able to see the Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode logo on the site.
- What should I do if I am charged with an e-commerce transaction not performed by me?
Please visit your branch or call ABL phone banking at 111-225-225 to register dispute within 90 days from transaction date.
- Will I be notified upon successful completion of transaction?
Yes, an alert will be sent to your registered mobile number and/or email address (if provided in bank record).
- How can I reactivate my e-commerce Session?
For re-activation of the session you have to call again from your registered mobile number to undertake any e-commerce transaction using your ABL Visa Debit Card as per steps mentioned above.
- How much will I be charged for the facility?
Currently, there is no charge for the activation of e-commerce facility on your ABL Visa Debit Card. Please refer to Schedule of Charges (SOC) for international transactions.
- What is the maximum amount I can spend in a day?
The maximum amount you can spend on the internet in one day is the same amount as your daily POS limit of your Visa Debit Card. Following are the POS Limits per day applicable on the card types:
- Classic: PKR 100,000
- Sapphire: PKR 250,000
- Sapphire200: PKR 500,000
- Premium: PKR 1,000,000
For example if you activate e-commerce Session against your Classic Debit Card, the maximum daily amount you can allocate for the session is PKR 100,000.
- What do I need to do if I want to deactivate my internet session before predefined time?
If you change your mind about an internet transaction i.e. end the session earlier than planned, you can contact Allied Phone Banking at 111-225-225 to deactivate your internet session before the expiry date and time set earlier.
- What do I do if I am not sure how much of e-commerce/online shopping limit is remaining?
You can contact Allied Phone Banking (111-225-225) to inquire about the remaining transaction amount.
- How can I find out how much more time I have left to complete my transaction?
You can contact Allied Phone Banking (111-225-225) to inquire how much time is remaining.
- Do I have to call the Call Centre for session activation every time I decide to shop online?
No, if you select the option to activate your card for online shopping till the expiry of the card, you don’t have to call every time you decide to shop online. If specified tenure option was selected, you have to call Allied Phone Banking (111-225-225) for e-commerce session activation once tenure has expired.
- What information is required to conduct an online transaction?
You need below valid information to perform an online transaction on e-commerce merchant.
- Valid Card Number
- CVV (Card Verification Value placed on the backside of the VISA Debit Card)
- Card Expiry Date
- OTP (for Verified by Visa websites)
- Can I request for multiple sessions in a single call?
No, only single session can be activated in a single call.
- Will this facility be applicable for Visa Debit Cards issued on Islamic accounts also?
Yes, the facility is also available for Visa Debit Cards issued on Islamic accounts.