Enjoy hassle-free online shopping with our 3D Secure Verified by Visa (VbV) service which provides additional security when you use your Allied Bank Visa Debit Card. The 6-digit OTP (One Time Password) ensures that no one but you enjoy the seamless experience of online shopping with your Visa Debit Cards. Your Visa Debit Cards are activated for online shopping unless explicitly blocked by you by calling Allied Phone Banking at 111-225-225 or through other digital channels
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is 3D Secure Verified by Visa service?
- How do I register for 3D Secure Verified by Visa service?
- How do I shop online with my ABL Visa Debit Card?
It is a service that adds an additional security layer when you use your ABL Visa Cards for online shopping. You will be required to input OTP (One Time Password), that is sent to your registered mobile number or email address, whenever a transaction is conducted on Verified by Visa compliant merchant website.
There is no registration requirement for 3D Secure service. All Visa Debit Cards of Allied Bank are already registered and ready for 3D Secure service.
To use your Allied Bank Visa Debit Card for online shopping, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Initiate online shopping transaction at any e-commerce merchant and input your Visa Debit Card details.
- For VBV (Verified by Visa) compliant merchant, you will be redirected to Allied Bank VBV screen to choose OTP (One Time Password) delivery channel i.e., registered mobile number or email address.
- You will receive a 6-digit OTP on your selected channel which you need to input on the screen to complete the transaction.
- What if I want to deactivate my Visa Debit Card for online shopping?
You can contact Allied Phone Banking at 111-225-225 to deactivate your Visa Debit Card for online shopping.
- How can I reactivate my Visa Debit Card for online shopping?
Please call Allied Phone Banking at 111-225-225 through your registered mobile number to activate your Visa Debit Card for specific time period or till expiry of your VISA Debit card.
- What will be the status of Visa Debit Card for online shopping on my replaced/renewed card?
Upon card renewal/replacement, if your Visa Debit Card was active for online shopping then this service will remain available as default on new card.
- How long the OTP is valid for?
It is valid for 5 minutes after which you can re-generate OTP by simply clicking on the link given on the payment screen, which will take you back to OTP channel selection screen.
- Shall I receive OTP for all online shopping transactions?
Yes, OTP is mandatory to conduct transaction on all Verified by Visa compliant merchant websites. For non-compliant merchant websites, OTP shall not be sent.
- What should I do if I do not receive an OTP?
Please click on the link to re-generate OTP given at payment screen, which will take you back to OTP medium selection screen. In case your mobile number or email address has changed, please contact your branch to update your records. In case you have shifted your mobile number to another network operator, please type MNP in write message option on your mobile phone and send it to 9225 and 9080 to update your mobile network.
- What should I do if I receive an OTP for a transaction not performed by me?
Please do not share OTP with anyone and report immediately by calling Allied Phone Banking at 111-225-225.
- What should I do if I am charged with an online transaction not performed by me?
Please visit your branch or call ABL Phone Banking at 111-225-225 to register dispute immediately.
- Will I be notified upon successful completion of transaction?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation message on the merchant website upon completion of transaction. An alert will also be sent on your registered mobile number and/or email address (if provided in the Bank’s record).
- How much will I be charged for the facility?
Currently, there is no charge for the activation of for online shopping on your ABL Visa Debit Card. Please refer to Schedule of Charges (SOC) for international transactions.
- What is the maximum amount I can spend in a day?
Following are per day transaction amount limits for each Allied Visa Debit Card type for online shopping and POS (Point of Sale) purchase:
- Classic: PKR 100,000
- Sapphire: PKR 250,000
- Sapphire 200: PKR 500,000
- Premium: PKR 1,000,000
- What information is required to conduct an online transaction?
You need below valid information to perform an online transaction on e-commerce merchant.
- Valid Card Number
- CVV (Card Verification Value placed on the backside of the VISA Debit Card)
- Card Expiry Date
- OTP (for Verified by Visa websites)
- How would I know if a merchant is 3D Secure compliant or not?
If a merchant is 3D Secure compliant, you will see the Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode logo on the payment page.
- Will this facility be applicable for Visa Debit Cards issued on Islamic Banking accounts also?
Yes, this facility is also available for Visa Debit Cards issued on Islamic Banking accounts.