Virasat Plan is a Unit Linked Plan that offers you market linked returns, with minimal charges and helps you achieve your goals by planning well in advance. Investments with regular premiums along with lump sum payment makes your money grow, while the Child Education Rider ensures that God forbid something happens to you, a regular stream of income takes care of your family and your child’s education till maturity of the plan.
- Automatic Cover Maintenance
After you have paid premiums for two whole years, in the event that you can’t meet your premium payments, you will regardless be qualified for the life protection cover, as long as the plan’s Cash Value is enough to pay for charges deducted against your plan.
- Top-up Premium (Ad-hoc Premium)
Through Virasat Plan you can boost the amount of cash value, by investing additional amounts in the unit account of the policy, which is invested 100% in unit account.
You are eligible for Virasat Zindagi if you are 18-65 years of age. The available term range is 10-57 years subject to a maximum age of 75 years at maturity.
Note: You can contact Jubilee Life’s delegates at designated Allied bank branches who will help you build up the most appropriate plan considering your needs. Branch details are accessible on www.abl.com.
- Nominated Child Benefit (Child Education benefit)
As part of our promise, we build a strong financial foundation for child’s future education where an additional Education Benefit Amount will be payable to the nominee until the expiry of the defined period in case the policyholder expires.
- Death Benefit
If the life assured expires during the policy term, the nominee will get the benefit as “cash value or sum assured whichever is higher”.
You can determine the sum assured by multiplying your annualized basic premium amount by the selected cover multiple (offered from 5 to 254) depending on your savings and insurance needs. For example, if your annual basic premium contribution is Rs. 100,000 and you have selected a cover multiple of 10, your total sum assured would be
100,000 x 10 = *Rs. 1,000,000
*Terms and Conditions Apply
- Maturity Benefit
At end of the term of the plan, the policy holder will receive the cash value accumulated during the term of the plan.
Note: To help you make a selection according to your savings and insurance needs, you may contact our representatives at your nearest Allied Bank branch.
Virasat Plan offers six different exclusive optional riders for policyholder’s convenience and is given as per need.
- Accidental Death Benefit
The rider is designed to ensure additional protection against accidental death where an extra sum will be paid under this benefit if death happens because of an accident.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
An additional amount will be paid under this benefit in case death or dismemberment occurs due to an accident.
- Permanent Total Disability
This benefit pays the basic plan sum assured in case of permanent and total disability occurs due to bodily injury (accident) or disease which prevents the person permanently and totally from being employed for his/her occupation or any other occupation for which he or she is reasonably suited by knowledge, training and experience.
- Critical Illness
If you are diagnosed with any of the specified eighteen Critical Illnesses, your insurance death benefit will be given in advance.
- Waiver of Premium
Virasat Plan provides flexibility where premium is waived in case you suffer from an illness or disability and are unable to work for at least six months in your own occupation or any other occupation suited by knowledge, training or education, the premium from the next premium due date will be waived.
- Hospitalization Cash Rider
Medical expenses can put you and your family under great financial pressure. Daily cash benefit is paid if the policyholder is restricted to a hospital. Hospitalization Cash Benefit will be given to help you meet medical expenses. The benefit payable is multiplied on the off chance that the hospitalization is because of any of the predefined critical illnesses. In case of ICU, an extra half (50%) of the everyday hospitalization benefit is paid.
In addition to reduced allocation in initial years, following charges* are applicable on the plan:
- An investment management charge of 1.5% p.a. of Fund Value deducted on the date of Valuation of the fund
- An admin fee of Rs. 90 per month
- 5% bid-offer spread
- Applicable mortality charges
- Riders charges, in light of the riders you have opted
- Switching of fund Rs. 500 if more than four switch opted per year
*All charges are reviewable by the company
A breakdown of minimum premium that you need to contribute in order to avail Virasat Plan is mentioned below:
Your contribution made towards Virasat Plan is allocated to unit account as per the table below:
|5th Year & onwards
Jubilee Life offers a free look period of 14 days during which you can review your policy terms and conditions, and cancel the policy if needed. Your premium will be refunded if the written request for cancellation is received within 14 days of the Issue Date of the policy. Please note that Jubilee Life reserves the right to deduct the expenses incurred on medical examination.
If you need to withdraw cash value to meet emergency needs but do not want to surrender the policy, you can withdraw any amount (subject to minimum withdrawal amount prescribed by Jubilee Life Insurance) provided that the residual cash value in your unit account is not less than minimum amount specified by the company. Despite partial withdrawals, you will continue to receive the insurance coverage although your sum assured will be reduced by the amount of partial withdrawals. Option for partial withdrawal is available after completion of two policy years and after payment of two annual policy year’s premium.
You have option to surrender your policy any time after completion of two policy years and after payment of two annual policy year’s premium. At time of surrender you will be paid in full the cash value of your fund. However surrender in early policy years may result in lower cash value.
Your allocated premiums will be allocated in the fund/s of your choice to suit your investment needs. These funds are overseen by expert investment managers and backed by premium securities:
- Managed Fund
The objective of the fund is to provide balanced returns by investing in a diverse portfolio of Government and other fixed income securities, shares and cash deposits.
- Yaqeen Growth Fund
Yaqeen Growth Fund is a fund that is designed to provide steady returns with minimum risk of capital erosion. The Fund is designed for clients who incline towards reasonable returns from a portfolio of exceedingly liquid investments with negligible exposure to market changes.
- Meesaq Fund
A fund designed to provide interest-free returns. The instruments in which the fund invests are selective stock, sukuk bonds, short term deposits of Islamic banks, Islamic mutual funds and fixed income fund of Islamic banks and other valid interest-free investments.
- Capital Growth Fund
Capital Growth Fund focuses on growth of capital through investing for high returns through a diverse portfolio of shares, term finance certificates and bank deposits.
Q. Will the funds be professionally managed?
Yes, your premiums will be allocated into Funds, which are managed by expert investment managers to ensure optimized returns.
Q. Where can I get information about Jubilee Life’s fund unit prices?
Unit prices of Jubilee Life’s fund(s) are published in all leading dailies and the Jubilee Life website: www.jubileelife.com
Q. Does this plan help me in combating with inflation?
Yes, in order to combat inflation, you have an option to select indexation in your policy. Selection of this option will increase your premium automatically each year by a limit specified by the company.
However, you retain the right to cancel the indexation if you wish.
Q. Does Virasat Plan allow me to withdraw my investments?
Yes, under Virasat Plan you have the facility to withdraw the cash value of your fund (investments) (either fully or partially) provided you have paid premiums in full for two years at the end of which you have the following options.
Q. What are the risks associated with investment in the unit of Virasat Plan?
- Depending upon market hazard and performance of the fund, the value of the unit may fall, rise or stay unaltered
- The past performance of fund are not really demonstrative of future performance of any these funds
In case of complaint or for further details, please contact:
Jubilee Life Insurance Company Limited Head Office: 74/1-A, Lalazar, M.T. Khan Road, Karachi-74000, Pakistan
Tel: (021) 35205094-95
Fax: (021) 35610959
This product is underwritten by Jubilee Life. It is not guaranteed or insured by Allied Bank Limited or its affiliates and is not a product of Allied Bank Limited.
- Allied Bank is acting as a distributor on behalf of Jubilee Life Insurance and is not and shall not be considered responsible in any manner whatsoever to any person, including but not limited to the insured customer(s), beneficiary(ies) or any third party.
- The past performance of Jubilee Life’s funds is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Any forecast made is not indicative of future or likely performance of the funds and neither Jubilee Life nor Allied Bank Limited will incur any liability for the same.
- A personalized illustration of benefits will be provided to you by a sales representative. Please refer to the notes in the illustration for detailed understanding of the various terms and conditions.
- Please refer to the Policy Document for detailed understanding of the various terms and conditions.
- Supplementary benefits may be available if the life covered is aged 55 years or less nearest birthday at the time of issuance.
- Jubilee Life Insurance is the underwriter and provider of this insurance policy and shall be responsible for settlement of claims to the insured customer(s) or beneficiary(ies).
- The investment risk shall be borne by the policy holder and actual maturity or surrender values may be lower or higher than the projected figures.
- Please refer to company web site (http://jubileelife.com/investor-relations/investors-outlook/) for target asset mix of the underlying fund