Allied Bank Limited was the first bank to be established in Pakistan.
The Bank started out in Lahore by the name Australasia Bank before independence in 1942; and became Allied Bank of Pakistan in 1974.
In August 2004, because of capital reconstruction, the Bank’s ownership was transferred to a consortium comprising Ibrahim Group; therefore, it was renamed as Allied Bank Limited in 2005.
Today, with its existence of over 70 years, the Bank has built itself a foundation with a strong equity, assets and deposit base. It offers universal banking services, while placing major emphasis on retail banking. The Bank has a large network of 1050 online branches and over 1025 ATMs in Pakistan and offers various technology-based products and services to its diverse clientele.
We believe that a strong corporate culture inspires passion among employees in carrying out their business tasks. In order to reach a higher level of business performance, new vibrancy has to be injected into our corporate culture. After careful formulation and thorough discussion, the Board approved the Bank’s Vision, Mission and Core Values. With this initiative, we have embarked on building a coherent and bank-wide corporate culture that motivates us and moves us forward in the 21st century.
Allied Bank Limited operates by the following Vision, Mission and Values:
To become a dynamic and efficient bank providing integrated solutions in order to be the first choice bank for the customers.
- To provide value-added services to our customers.
- To provide high-tech innovative solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
- To create sustainable value through growth, efficiency and diversity for all stakeholders.
- To provide a challenging work environment and reward dedicated team members according to their abilities and performance.
- To play a proactive role in contributing towards the society.
- Excellence in Service
- High Performance
- Innovation and Growth
- Enhancing brand image and creating shareholders’ value through sustainable performance, while optimizing return against acceptable risk appetite.
- Augmenting financial inclusion of unbanked population through innovative and diversified technologies, building customers’ confidence through convenient delivery channels and product designs.
- Continuous re-engineering of policies, procedures, SOPs, SLAs and TATs, ensuring operational efficiencies through effective management of key resources.
- Instilling a culture of ethics and responsibility among human resource and becoming an ‘Employer of Choice’ for the Top Professionals.